Hi, I’m Dr. Alexis Kennedy. I can’t wait to help you recharge and achieve a more balanced life.
After 30 years of working with human trafficking victims, I was burning out and that emotional exhaustion was leaking into my home life as well. Working with some of the most abused children, I felt guilty that I was feeling sorry for myself. I threw myself into learning about the biology of stress and how it hijacks our thoughts and feelings. Once I learned more about it, I wanted to share it with as many people as I could.
Bounce back from stress.
If you understand the science of stress, you can learn to discharge that stress. You can teach your body to turn off the stress response.
How I can help
In addition to being a trauma researcher with a PhD in Psychology, I am a former attorney who is passionate about staying up to date on the latest science on the effects of stress on the body and mind.
Some of my most recent certifications include:
- Certificate in Resiliency Strategies for First Responders (Langara College, Health and Human Services)
- Certified trainer on compassion fatigue & vicarious trauma (www.tendacademy.ca )
- Certificate in Mental Health Providers’ SyNAPSE Integrative Approach to Personal Wellness Training (with Dr. Joan Borysenko)
- Certificate in Trauma Recovery Yoga
- Certificate for the Professional Course in Positive Neuroplasticity with Dr. Rick Hanson
I did not learn about self-care and burnout in my prior professional degrees so I want to bring this information to as many people as possible. Burnout is reversible and it is possible to overcome overwhelm!
Selected examples of my burnout speaking engagements
- Community Partners for Better Health - September 2018, May 2019 & June 2022
- Primary Care Association of New Mexico - September 2020
- Primary Care Association of Nevada - September 2020
- Family Law Attorneys Full Day Compassion Fatigue Retreat - October 2019
- The University of Nevada, Las Vegas School of Medicine - December 2018
- FirstMed Health & Wellness - Fall 2018 through Spring 2020
- Shared Hope JuST Conference - October 2018 (approved for SW, MFT, Psychology CE credits)
- City of Las Vegas Fire & Rescue - Summer 2018 through Fall 2019
- Clark County Fire Department - Fall 2018
- City of Las Vegas - May 2018
- District Attorney's Office - Clark County, NV, May 2017 (approved for CLE)